One of the biggest questions I get asked by clients when they book their session is “What in the world do we wear?”. In this blog post I will go over my tips and tricks to find the perfect outfit for your photos! Throughout this post you will see examples from my past clients who did an awesome job putting their outfits together.
1. You don’t all have to match. Surprise! You shouldn’t all wear the same exact thing. I’m sure you’ve seen it, where a whole family wears the same outfit…Jeans and a white tee-shirt.
2. Wear complimenting colors. Wearing colors from the same family will help make your family photos really stand out, and it will make people think your life is more put together than it is… and that’s what we all want right? :p
3. Take a look around your house, what colors will look best when hanging on your wall? Is your home bright and eclectic? or is it full of more natural tones like beige and browns. Pick colors that will fit in with your overall decor.
4. Limit patterns. It’s okay to have patterns, but try to avoid mixing and matching too many. Also avoid plaid or stripes that are too close together.
5. Add depth to your outfit by using layers, and accessories. Try adding a scarf or stylish hat!
6. Avoid wearing all black or all white clothing. If you are wearing an all white shirt it is very easy to blow out parts of your shirt causing it to lose its detail. Same can be said with all black, it’s easy to have clipping on black clothing and the detail is lost. Plus, live a little! Add some color!
No matter what you choose make sure it is authentically you and I’m sure you will love the outcome!
Ready to book your session? Let’s chat!